
And how did I acquire them, you ask? They were left at my work. Unwanted. No one cared to take them. They were left on a table - crying out to me, "Take us home with you!!". I couldn't resist. I must have looked so ridiculous , walking out into the blustery outdoors to my car. Leaning in against the wind and rain - what a sight! What my co-workers must have thought of me! But I didn't care. I was taking home ten bouncy, helium-filled balloons. I had to take them home. How sad they would have been, slowly drooping as time went by with no one to delight in their happy appearance. I felt a little bit tempted to untie one of them and speak in a high pitched voice just for fun. I've always wanted to do that! But I need to do that with other people so we can laugh together. It's not nearly as much fun laughing by yourself as with other people, although I do both. Sometimes it really is great fun laughing yourself silly when you're all alone. You really 'get it', and you don't need to explain what's so funny to someone else because it's only you. But it's way more fun laughing with someone else. Don't you think?

The rain was totally worth it!
helium balloons just *make* you feel happy. I see you have excellent, simple tastes FR! :)
ReplyDeleteMm.. 10. That's a very blog-worthy topic. Isn't it amazing when you let them go, and they sail away? Kind of a mixed emotion, 'cos you have to let them go.
You're right about laughing on your own. It's nice to be so content with your own company that you can laugh. Usually I kind of shriek, remembering something amusing, and people wonder what's up.
:)
Why thank you, Lydie. I do have simple tastes, and yes, excellent too, if I may say so myself:D It doesn't take much to make me smile. I have a friend that says, "Smile - it makes people wonder what you're up to". It's true. A smile, chuckle, giggle, smirk or outright laugh in public and people always think you have a secret. But it's really not a secret at all and you'd be happy to share, I just love that they *think* it's a secret:)
ReplyDelete