Monday, June 28, 2010

I'm pressing the pause button

I feel claustrophobic! My life feels cluttered with too much stuff that is too busy, too fast, too obnoxious, too loud, and too flashy.

So I'm taking a break for the next week.

I plan to:
  • read a novel
  • clean my horribly disorganised room
  • catch up with a friend whom I haven't seen in ages
  • write
  • cook/bake
  • and spend time seeking God
I'm also taking a week-long hiatus from all facebook usage. I check it on average, twice a day - sometimes more. I read people's useless information. What for? I share my own useless information. What for? Really, no one knows what really going on with me. I don't know what's really happening with them. I'm wasting so much time reading all the useless information that is facebook.

I'm quite looking forward to the next week. I need it.

1 comment:

  1. hmm! Maybe I'm *already* friends with you on facebook.
    l like your list of things to do. It is extremely reminiscent of the kind of list I'd compile! Love it :)

    Yes, I understand that "what does it all matter" sentiment. I've been feeling that way recently too! As in, why do we bother trying to live our lives a certain way, and conform to certain ideals. What does it matter if our lives are UTTER failures, or if we have the dream life? No one will remember us fifty years after we're dead - what will there be to remember?

    And then you realize that the only thing that makes life worth living is God and His glory.

    ReplyDelete