Who am I and why am I FR?
I'm sure you've been wondering.
Well, my name is wait did you think I was seriously going to say?? ;) And I'm from, sorry not going to say that one either. I'm a person of the female kind. I am currently a university student. I drive to and from my classes because it's too far to walk or bike and I spend way too much time in the library, which is sometimes depressing because I love libraries...usually. And the reason for loving libraries is because of loving books...usually. It has to be a good book in order to love it. I would like to think that I'm widely read but I'm not really. I enjoy a wide variety of reading material but I don't have the time...mostly. Time is one thing in the whole world that I never have enough of. If there was one thing that I could change about myself it would be to be able to unwind time and change a decision, a word, a look that I gave and regretted afterward. But I think most of us would want to do that but because none of us are perfect. If we never make those mistakes, we wouldn't learn what we'd do differently.
I'm single, an area of my life that I've done battle with more than I care to comment on. Not that I'm not happy with being single...it's just such a complex and layered topic, so I'll be as brief as possible. God has big plans and very often he doesn't come right out and say what his plans for us are. At the moment, it's time for me to be single. So that's it. I'm ok with that. There are ups and downs, right now I'm on the up...thank God that he takes us from strength to strength not strength to weakness. And even in the times of weakness, he is strong. For that, I'm so relieved and thankful.
I L.O.V.E., love God. He is more than I could ever express in words. The fact that I am speechless about how much I love him and how good he is, is enough said.
I go to a church, which I love. I sometimes (secretly) dislike the size because I'm the kind of person that is easily lost in the crowd. In fact, I do get lost in the crowd quite a lot. I'm not really a crowd kind of person, I'd much rather spend time with a friend over a cup of coffee than go to a loud concert...some of my friends think I'm a little strange for that and a lot like a grandmother!! But I love being so grandmotherish! Come to mention, I would love to be a grandmother someday. Of course, that involves having children of my own first...but let's not jump the gun here.
That's the really important stuff. Now for why I'm FR.
It's a very good question. Why am I FR?
If your name is not Lydie, then you might not have a clue, so here's the lowdown.
I have no idea how I came across Lydie's blog, no idea whatsoever but I started reading it and the more I read the more I thought, "Hmm, I should comment". But I always find it a bit odd and kind of creepy to comment without introducing oneself first. So I commented and (I don't know why) but I signed off as "A faithful reader", maybe since I had been reading for a little while. Well, it caught on and I became a
This kind of post is just driiving me up the wall to comment, but it's also the kind of thing I want to think about first, before commenting. And it's late!
ReplyDeleteBut aww! Do you know just HOW much I want to meet you now! haha..
And yes, I know I already have. I guess it's like reading the Bible though, and meeting God but not *seeing* Him, and that would satisfy everything. Oh dear, maybe a bad comparison - *laughs*.
I'll comment properly asap :)
Cool! At last I'm commenting.
ReplyDeleteI hope I do your post justice with my comment [the way you do for mine].
I like this, it's a getting-to-know-FR post.
There's too much here to respond to, really. This is where we need to sit down over a cup of tea and talk properly about everything.
But right now I guess this comment'll have to do :)
Mm.. I love books [obviously!]. What kinds of books do you like reading? The classics primarily, I would guess. But also some modern lit, from the sound of it.
Yes, time is like that. One of those things you think about and realise that that's what makes life so rushed and irreversible [I nearly wrote 'unreversible!' - haha]
You know what is good though. It's to suddenly, and almost inexplicably, take a break [almost timeless] out of your busy schedule.
That's what I did the other day - everything that I had to do and think about and go to, was heavy and pressing, so I went to the park and sat on the grass at nighttime, and just let everything take a break.. so beautiful, the stars coming out and the trees, and the big field.
*random note: FR, I like how you make me think slightly out of the patterns of my ordinary thought, challenging new ideas. It's great. And of course, what I most like is when we agree on things.
I love that you love God. I love that you love Him inexpressibly - that's beautiful. But I have to refer you to microchiroptera's blog, A Bite of Air. She wrote a breath-taking post about how her greatest wish was that her greatest wish was to love God. And how sometimes that seemed impossible.. or, that God sometimes seems too far away, or that we are too far away, or something..
It's like that with me sometimes. Sometimes, I love God so much - but never enough, not like I feel [even at those times] that I should. I'm sure you feel the same at times?
mmm.. a big church ey. That can be hard. A crowd can make you feel more isolated, of course.
*random note: can you please tell me if you live in NZ? So that I can get some kind of picture of what you're talking about.
But don't if you don't want to.
hm. Do you sometimes feel like what I said in that post I wrote, Conform?
I reckon I'm a bit weird on that one..
I'm not a crowd person either. And of COURSE you'd want to have a coffee with a friend rather than going to a loud concert! You're FR, after all.
I knew that, although I'd never thought of it.
Yes, I can understand the 'creepy' thing about being on and writing comments on some person's blog who doesn't know you. That's what I thought the non de plume was all about, naturally.
meh. I want to meet you.. you're right though - it's pretty neat to get to know each other this way. And I want you to stay FR for a while..
Of course you're right in a way that, if we'd known each other in 'real' life, we might not have shared so much. But you could be wrong: I like getting to know people - properly knowing, and trying to understand them, so I would have tried to sound you out anyway. And, since we do have thought patterns in common with each other, I'm sure we would have been good friends!
I like what you said about what you read on my blog - that it's more real to you than something you can just leave on my blog. That's inspiring. Thank you!
Lydie
Do it justice? You've outdone yourself!! There is far too much for me to possibly comment on all you've said:) As for the cup of tea, I have to laugh because as I read your comment, I'm drinking tea. So go make yourself one and then consider our discussion shared over a cup of tea!
ReplyDeleteNow, where to start? I had to include liking books because I knew that was something we have in common, (and I like it too, when we have things in common and agree on things) although like I said, as much as I love reading I don't get as much time as I'd like dedicated to indulging my love of books. Yes, I like classics and some modern literature and some non fiction too. I like to mix it up a bit so I'm not always reading the same kind of thing.
I read the blog you suggested, A Bite of Air but was not sure if I found the right post you were talking about. Nice blog though. I like her writing style. As to never loving God enough, yes, I do know what you mean. That's all encompassed in my inablility to express just how I love him...because no amount of loving him is ever enough...thank God that he still loves us and forgives us, sinners that we are.
Your night-time trip to the park sounded wonderful. I love taking time out of my life and sort of remove myself from everything and just go somewhere...it doesn't matter where. But somewhere quite where I can be alone and talk to God, ponder things, pause.
I have read your post conformity...I will comment on it sometime.
Great random notes! Love it. My response to random note no. 2: There are two things about being FR that I won't reveal - my name and where I live...sorry. The thing about being anonymous is that I could be on the other side of the world or I could live next door (not that I do. Or know of anyway).
Hopefully I will be able to free up some time soon to write another post.
Also, I'm thinking of adding the follow feature which may or may not make things easier for you to know when I've posted something:) What do you think?
*sniffs* I keep going to your blog, hoping you'll have posted something! Still, of course I prefer you to only write if you have something to say..
ReplyDelete