Saturday, October 8, 2011

Confessions

So...

I'm back. Hi.

As you can tell, I'm much more of a reader than a writer. I find it so much easier. Words are sort of trapped in my brain and have trouble translating themselves from there onto the page. But I try. At least I profess to being no good at writing anything. Thanks for putting up with me.

I also have nothing to say. Well, nothing profound or important really.

But I have almost completely disappeared for more than a year so maybe I should tell you what's up.



These are the confessions of a once Faithful Reader:

I've changed completely over the last year and yet not at all.

I still frequent libraries, just not musty ones so much.

Yep, still read a lot but only in my very infrequent down-time.

I've taken up journaling at the end of the day to relieve my mind of worries and confusions. There are lots of those lately. Sometimes the world looks very pear-shaped from my vantage point.

I don't drink as much tea as I used to. Sadly.

I really like lists but hardly ever cross anything off them. Have you noticed that this is a sort-of-list?

Did you know that this blog has had traffic from someone in Russia? What's the furthest place you've been visited from? In terms of online traffic, I mean.

I am terrible at spelling yet I sometimes edit things at work. I'm rather obsessed with using correct grammar.

I have been on a sightseeing roadtrip, seen an indie rock concert, visited a zoo (no zoo where I live), shopped in an outdoor mall, moved house, changed jobs, slept in and been ridiculously late for that same job, met a celebrity, felt miserable and happy then miserable and sad then miserable and happy and miserable all together. It's been a busy year. I can't believe that it's already October! It's almost Christmas.

And I still get songs stuck in my head that play in little snippets in the style of a broken record.



So there you go. Some of me. I've changed. but I haven't really :D

And I don't really think that these are confessions at all. But if they were, I'd lose all my mystery and you know how much I like being mysterious! Actually, I don't think you need to know who I am, just call me FR. Names would change everything.

2 comments:

  1. Are you still alive and out there FR? Life's been busy for the last few years, and I've neglected my blog. But I'll start writing again soon - this week I am finishing uni and in a month I'll be married, DV, and my new husband and I will be moving to Perth. Maybe you live in Perth? I mean you could be anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way - my brother converted my blogging account to be a web page; I now blog at www.most-tranquil.blogspot.co.nz.

    ReplyDelete